Wednesday, February 18, 2009

No, I'm not dead!!

So, I am finally blogging again. Yah for me! I hope all of you who chastised me for not blogging are happy. LOL.

Well, what's new? Hmmmm.... not alot. LOL. I finally got a laptop. I am starting back to school in the summer, doing online courses. I really feel like I need to get back on the ball-- finding my niche and doing what God put in my heart. I'm going to finally finish my degree in education and teach. Pray for me...

I spent V-Day with my family. My Daddy got me flowers and one piece of candy (long story) and both my folks got me beautiful cards. It was so sweet of them... I am so blessed to be loved.

That being said, I still can't help feeling alone and loserish on a day like Valentine's Day. Yes, I know that is not a word-- sue me. :) It is hard sometimes to be single and to be Godly. I love my pastor-- he really blessed me Sunday with his sermon about love, especially the part directed to single people. He reiterated my feelings and beliefs about Christians dating. It's hard to hear sometimes when you want to compromise but necessary to hear to live in a way pleasing to God.

Almost everyone I know thinks that I am almost insanely picky-- and I am. But when you watch family and friends relationships crash & burn, it's hard to just give your heart away or in my case, even open it up a little. I have such high standards and also very high walls built around my heart. I made a resolution this year to give love a chance-- to not turn down every guy that asks me out because they are too this or not enough that. I know that some of it is just fear. It's a problem, but one that I really am asking God to help me with. To be open to new people... And to not push them away when they get too close- that's a big one for me too. I do it every time-- I start pushing them away through my attitude and actions. Lord, help me to love and also, to let myself be loved... to not be afraid of giving my heart to someone.

That's enough for now. Blog you later...

No comments: