Tuesday, February 24, 2009

God is great!!!

Ok, I have to blog about this--- it's pretty personal to me but God MUST be praised. I have a friend from Bible college named BK. She was one of my dearest friends for about 10 years... she still is dear to me but now the friendship is pretty much gone. I became extremely close to her family too in that time- in fact, her younger sister Al is also a very, very dear friend to me. Their dad is an Assemblies of God minister now based in Albequerque. Because BK is super talented musically-- can play 3 instruments and is an amazing singer-- her Dad always had her doing worship and music wherever he was. When her folks moved to New Mexico, BK and her family did too- her family being her husband and 2 kids.

Two years ago, we had a mini-reunion in Dallas of about 10 girls that were all close in college. BK brought this woman with her and they acted very odd... the other ladies all were telling me things that had happened while I wasn't around and I got concerned. Now, out of the 10 of us there, only 3 were still serving the Lord. So I was leery of what some of them said but still concerned. Well, I confronted BK about this woman right before she flew home-- who she was, what she was to her, what did her husband think about their friendship... she cried and said I was being awful to her and how could I say these things. When the tears didn't work, she just lied. (I didn't know that at the time, but I do now) She said they were just friends and the other girls were overreacting and lying. Though Al and I still had our doubts, we desperately wanted to believe her, so we convinced ourselves we did.

Last year I got a call from Al-- BK had left her husband and had announced she was gay. At the time, she was doing worship at her Dad's church. It was devastating to everyone... I cried for days about it. This girl was like a sister to me and it was as if I didn't know her anymore. She cut almost everyone from her "past" off except her folks-- they got lucky because she needed babysitters. We have cried and prayed over her... her mom especially. BK and her girlfriend got into a "church" that teaches that homosexuality is okay and kept telling everyone that they were still Christians. We have really been upset over that... she knows better than that.


Here comes the good news--- BK's folks had written her a letter around Christmas. In it, they told her how much they loved her but couldn't accept her lifestyle and why. Unbeknownst to them, BK's live in girlfriend read the letter. We knew that the two of them had split around New Years but not why. This is why: the girl, Kat, read the letter and the Holy Spirit brought conviction on her. She and BK began fighting and broke up shortly thereafter. BK, out of spite, had Kat arrested and while sitting in a jail cell, God brought this letter back to her mind. That night, she asked forgiveness of her sins and turned her back on the life she had been living. Praise God! She wrote the parent's a letter the other day thanking them for what they had done... she has completely turned her life around and believes that the letter they wrote, though addressed to BK, was really written for her.

Praise God-- isn't that awesome???? Thank you Jesus for meeting us right where we are... you are so good. That renews my faith that BK is not lost-- she will be brought back to salvation and down to her knees. Hallelujah!!

No comments: